I’ve been too busy with life to mention the anniversary of the invasion, but I couldn’t let pass the 4,000th soldier to fall.
It’s been two years since my last numbers update, so here are the current tallies:
- Weapons of Mass Destruction found before invasion: 0
- Weapons of Mass Destruction declared by US before invasion: LOTS
- US Cost in dollars: 500,000,000,000 (yes, half a trillion dollars already)
- US military deaths: 4,000
- Iraqi civilians killed: 82,000
- Weapons of Mass Destruction found after invasion: 0
- U.S. timeline to leave Iraq: NONE
- Days until the 2008 presidential election: 224
And yes, that last link is a blatant plug for Barack Obama. As was that one. But seriously, how else am I supposed to respond to such depressing numbers?